Thursday, August 2, 2007

wishful thinking

You know what I think of, when I'm stuck in traffic on the way to the office? That I'd love a condo unit where I could stay all by myself. It should be only one ride away from the office. I'll have a laptop, a CD player, a personal ref and a microwave. No tv, since I don't like movies and tv shows all that much. I'll have lots of bookshelves, of course. And I'll have a Persian cat.

My bathroom will be done in blue and yellow, and my bedroom will be color-coordinated. There will be no figurines, flower vases, or scented candles. I'll have a newspaper subscription. There will be a wall cabinet for my shoes.

It's not a question of wanting to be single again. I would not exchange my daughter for a chance to live like that. I may not be always perfectly happy with married life, but that's what I have now and like everyone else, I make the most of it. I like the house we're living in now, and we have more space than we need. I guess the condo dream is like having my own getaway, something that's for me alone, when I need a quiet time. It's like going to bookstores and hunting for the book I MUST have.

But when the time comes and I can afford it, I'll get that condo unit, if only to show myself that I really could. Wouldn't that be nice?


No comments: