Friday, August 10, 2007

feeling good!

My feel-good things today:

1. Feeling the sun on my arms and back while waiting to cross the street, after two days of rain.

2. Knowing it's Friday, and when I go home tonight I can read a novel until midnight, because I can get up late on Saturday morning.

3. A ham sandwich with mayo, lettuce and lots of cucumbers. A cup of brewed coffee splashed with fresh milk. And all for 36 pesos at the cafeteria.

4. Anticipating Sunday, because then we go to Zapote market in the morning. My daughter goes with us, but only because she gets to eat breakfast at Jollibee and use the play area. When there's extra money we go to the ukay-ukay. :)

5. Having one of my bosses on a three-week home leave, which means I do only filing and labeling. I also have time to browse his foreign newspaper subscriptions (except the Japanese Nikkei news) and clip out pictures of fashion models and house furnishings.

6. An unexpected-- but totally pleasurable-- early-morning tumble-in-the-hay.

7. Going down late at night to get my daughter a drink of water, and ending up sharing a big bowl of cereal and milk with her, giggling like conspirators in the kitchen.

8. Picking off malunggay leaves from the stem. Try it for an hour, and see if you won't fall asleep.

9. Listening to The Corrs.

10. Buying a new book!

No comments: