Monday, August 6, 2007

feeling good!

On 04 August:

Sitting in the terrace at ten o'clock on a Saturday morning, waiting for it to rain. From the terrace I can see Bernard the dog taking a nap under the mango tree. The African lovebirds are keeping up their pleasant mid-morning racket, and the FM radio is blaring from the laundry area where my kid is helping the nanny with the laundry. The subdivision is so sparsely populated that I don't even hear the tricycles on the main road behind the house for long minutes at a stretch. Thunder rolls from the east.

I have just finished a book by Stephen King, 'Lisey's Story,' and like all of his books, I am amazed. I wonder what kind of brain such a prolific writer like him possesses, and again I daydream of writing books one day. I think of staying home to take care of my daughter, and writing books for a living.

Not worrying about lunch. I could go down and prepare it, but the nanny has it all figured out until suppertime. I wish we had some chocolate cake for dessert, but it's too much trouble to go out and buy one. Knowing I don't have to wait for an occasion to buy chocolate cake is enough. Raining now, just a soft pattering on the roof, but I'm hoping it will fall harder so my daughter and I can play in the puddles later.

No comments: