Friday, July 22, 2011

today is friday



Getting to the office today was a breeze. Since I had a good night's sleep (I had the whole bed to myself because my husband fell asleep on the living room couch while watching TV), I spent the whole ride to the office in a pleasant daydream. Here are the things worthy of note:

1. Number of people in the van who are still awake twenty minutes into the ride, by the time we reached Alabang - 2 (the driver and me)

2. Number of people in the van who are awake a short while later when the driver braked too hard to avoid a swerving motorcycle - All

3. Number of people in the van with earphones - 5
Hmm. Most days it's about ten out of eighteen passengers.

4. Number of people in the van not wearing jeans - 1
Me. Although Friday must be wash day in most offices, including mine, I'm wearing slacks and high heels.

5. Noteworthy cars: 1 green Mini Cooper (like Mr. Bean's car, which I adore) and 1 lady-driven black BMW along Commerce Road in Alabang.
The BMW is noteworthy because there was no other BMW alongside our van from Alabang to Ortigas, but there were 6 BMWs already in the open parking lot at 7:50 am.

6. Number of documents waiting for me - 18
Sigh. My desk was clean when I left at 6pm yesterday. My day will officially start at 8:30 am, so I'm going to get a nice cup of coffee to fortify me.

7. Things to worry about - 1
Send-off party at 3pm today, estimated 60 attendees of various nationalities, including one high-ranking Japanese officer, which causes anxiety because we don't know if he will eat chicken empanada and cheese sticks.

8. Things to look forward to - 2
(i) Penny's birthday lunch at Shakey's! I love it when I get to eat pizza and pasta for free! Haha!
(ii) 5:00 pm. Get it? :-)

No comments: